20090904

Focus: Part 5: Shifting levels of focus

So now I have seen that its possible to gain a state of focus and have defined the areas that need looking at. The problem areas, so to speak, its time to elaborate on the actual state of being focussed.
Yes! Being focussed.
It can be achieved on demand and, needless to say, through practise.
As described before, I dont focus on some thing, rather I focus on a non-thing, the essence of which I determine for my self. The focal point is my sole private domain. One of the parts of my self that I cant share (and the fact that we cant share ourselves completely makes us unique in a true sense but thats a discussion for another time).
So. Achieving a state of focus through practise and patience brings me to a point where I am focussed.
In that state of focus I learn to deepen my focus by going through the several stages of learning how to retain the focus. Going through a myriad of shifting kaleidoscopes and remaining truly focussed is my aim. On achieving some degree of focus (its an ongoing quest) I realise that "I am". Once I am, the empowerment overwhelms me. Remaining in balance things dawn on me, suddenly I have additional tools at my disposal. I can shift my focus at will. I move my focus to my breathing. While holding my focus there, I decide my next point of focus is to watch some thoughts, and the next instance I am observing thoughts occur in the secure knowledge that they are merely thoughts and have no bearing. Then I decide to imagine a tapestry and the next instant I am looking at an intricate weaving of lines and waves, which I can bend to my desire.
My Self has the power to shift focus at any time. Tiny instances of planning precede each move and whammo! they happen. This is the true power of conciousness. The ability to make anything happen.
Nice to remember all those envisioning techniques, they are closely aligned. The mind is at the disposal of the Self. The mind is not the master, it is the worker. It needs a master. It desperately seeks a master... but Im getting off topic... or am I?
In acknowledging that there is a 'new' level of conciousness or awareness or I could say, in submitting to the acquisition of the Self, I have opened up a realm of possibilities.An area of conciousness that slowly grows to become home ground. I feel safe and can rely. Unperturbed by what I dont allow into my world.
Back to main post

No comments:

Post a Comment